Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bleeding Hearts

Simple joys in April! Not much is more relaxing than an evening walk to enjoy spring flowers in Nebraska. My bleeding heart plant is in full bloom and folklore varies, but even fairytales are written about it! One source says to crush the flowers...if the juice is red, your love has a heart full of love for you, and if the juice is white, he or she doesn't love you! The legend also says that , when grown, the plant brings love. I refuse to crush the blooms...they are way too precious and beautiful. But this lush, green and bright pink plant certainly finds a home filled with love for the four weeks it blooms in southeast Nebraska! A treasured simple joy in April. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I just planted some bleeding heart today.
My mother came from Minatare near Scottsbluff.
My father in law came from Kearny.

{B} said...

I hope they grow for you as well as mine do....we're from the southeast corner of the state, between Lincoln and Beatrice. Thanks for looking and reading!