Sunday, August 19, 2007

Roots and Sunshine....


'Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.' And I realize that though I may not be a sun, I at least can be a candle. - J. M. Barrie
Simple joy can be homegrown! In an attempt to bring a piece of home to a child living one state away, we found sunshine, growing tall in a pot, waving it's lovely blooms at us as if to say " take me, take me!" Our candle, a yellow coneflower, the color of joy, made the long, hot trip with an occasional drink of water and shelter from the wind. A gift of roots, planted by Dad and watered with love, has become a happy, bright splash of sunshine that greets our pilgrims each morning, nodding it's sunkissed head, letting them know that home...wherever they choose to make it..is just a coneflower away from the one they left behind!

No comments: