Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Beauty and the beast?




Once upon a time, in a faraway land..........

There are lessons to be learned from the beauty...and the beast of winter! Everyday useful lessons learned sometimes the hard way! The lesson learned from a long drive home in a blinding snowstorm down an unplowed road?... looks can be deceiving! What looked so fresh and beautiful from the shelter of a warm workplace was not what it appeared to be once we started the journey! Another lesson learned from that perilous journey? ... love makes all things possible! It was love that got up early and drove me to work and it was love that picked me up at the front door and drove me home! And yet another lesson from this beast we call winter in the midwest.....that of choosing beauty! Beauty is all around us, but it is us that have to make the choice to see it. What could have been an hour long, nail biting, terror filled trip became an adventure...an opportunity for two work weary souls to turn up the music, crank up the heat, slip off a glove and hold tight to a hand......a chance to see that our glass is truly half full and that even the beast of winter leaves a touch of beauty behind.

3 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

I am afraid I would just starve to death in the winter there because I would not drive in it. Even here in Az. I don't like to drive if it rains:) Just call me a non-adventurous sissy........

Lady Di Tn said...

Beautiful picture and an even more beautiful post. Peace

PJ said...

that is THE most beautiful picture!!