Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Treasure....


Watch for the beauty in all things and your life will be filled with treasures.
Deep inside me lies the soul of a young girl...a spirit destined to dig her fingers in the moist, cold earth of March, in search of simple joys to be found there waiting! And... oh, what joy I found! In the light of early morning, kneeling on wet denim and serenaded by the sounds of a spring choir of robins, cardinals and blackbirds....hands moving cautiously through last years mulch with paleontology care, I unearthed my own buried treasure! I could almost hear the blades of grass moving beneath me...and the muddy earth that lingered beneath my fingernails held the faintest scent of lilacs and tulips, I swear! What greater way to make your spirits soar than to sink your knees into the last wet of winter .....and your fingers into the first painting of spring. May your March days be filled with the harbingers of spring that surround me..... and though these tiny spring treasures may soon be buried in winters last blast.....even the longest winter will be followed by spring!

2 comments:

PJ said...

thanks for the reminder. Spring is coming!!! Even though we still have huge piles of dirty snow everywhere!

Lady Di Tn said...

how beautiful. You say it so much better than I. Peace