Saturday, August 06, 2011

making you happy….




 It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.  ~Lucille Ball

In an  inspirational garden, a peaceful place, a testimony to hard work and commitment....standing in front of a statue  with history, a replica of what a man should be...it was easy to recognize what made me happy.  Despite the sweat dripping from places it shouldn't be....humidity that felt like a wall of water to breath through...and temperatures at record levels...I stood with my camera in hand, watching Joe water and trim and tuck and weed.....felt the misty spray on my face  (and wiped it off my lens)..... and listened to the chirp of the thirsty birds thanking him for their drink.  I followed the rainbow that appeared at the end of that hose in the mist and took my seat on the brand new bench to enjoy it.    This is what happiness is.....recognizing where you belong, and what you're supposed to be doing at that moment in time.  And this was mine....to sit in over 100 degree temps, in a garden carved out of the concrete in a middle of a school....to sit in the shade on a bench made from the hands of my very own carpenter...and watch him as he did what he does best......share his huge and loving heart with everyone...and everything...that crosses his path.  Birds, kids, teachers, administrators....he treats them all the same.  With a side of humor, a huge helping of common sense....and with patience, kindness and love. What a start I've made in my life, recognizing who...and what makes me happy.  And  what a lesson we all can learn from watching my  Joe at work.   

1 comment:

Lady Di Tn said...

Ah the secret is put in words, You are where you were meant to be. Peace