Sunday, August 28, 2011

a wing, a torch, a promise….


I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear
of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible;
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance,
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom,
and that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.

by Dawna Markova

Some may look at this photo and see an old man holding a bouquet of dead flowers.......I look at this photo, and see a 13 year old boy, holding the seeds of tomorrow in his hands....a life, very well lived.

a wing, a torch, a promise.  
I remember 1965, Joe.  
You have kept your promise.

(and with your loving touch, those seeds of tomorrow will bloom again in spring.
  Thank you for the beauty you bring to my world !)

1 comment:

Lady Di Tn said...

What we see is always in the eye of the beholder and if love is there youth never leaves. Peace