Thursday, March 01, 2007

Gratitude


There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.
Ralph H. Blum
A life filled with simple joys can be found by counting my many blessings at the end of each day. Today finds my cup overflowing. I'm so very grateful for....a Sugar Shack candle burning in the kitchen, homemade purple mittens that kept my fingers warm, a warmed truck and my best friend to share the journey , the sting of snow flakes on my nose, a safe trip home, a phone call from a daughter to see if Mom made it to work ok (it's funny how the roles in life reverse themselves!), new life, 11 times over in one 12 hour shift, Moody Blues on the XM, the heavenly taste of a blueberry scone, the giggles of a 3 year old on the phone telling me "I love you more", a group of friends that worked so well together on a very difficult day and for the gift of being able to get up and do it again tomorrow! So, Mother Nature...let it roar.....give it your best shot. Coat this place in white and stir it up good.. my blessings will still shine through! May your days be filled with gratitude...and quiet joys too!

No comments: