Thursday, August 16, 2007

Friends and Roses



The only rose without a thorn is friendship.
Once in awhile, when you least expect it, simple joy walks in and lands in your lap, leaving you nothing to do but smile, enjoy it...and say thank you. Early one morning I found a gift waiting for me when I arrived for work, a gift totally unexpected and so very much appreciated. A thoughtful friend, recognizing the impact of turning 55, found the most perfect remembrance ...a tiny splash of joy that enriches my life daily. All of us change from year to year...that's how life goes. Savoring the ordinary, and decorating your life with splashes of life's wonders, you soon find a peace that settles and stitches together a new...and better life. Today, my life is decorated with my tiny treasure...a crystal clear songbird, filled with fresh water and holding a tiny vintage rose, cut fresh on an early morning walk. Where could life hold more than in the moments just before daylight, as the air fills with the voices of nature....where nature turns the color on...where the tiny red rose meets my gift from a friend...where all is as it should be. Thank you, Pam. You are truly a rose without thorns.


No comments: