Thursday, August 23, 2007

Reflections

Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him? Calvin and Hobbes

Reflections....a simple joy found early on a still summer morning, with only the music of hungry blue jays in the background. And again, a lesson in life I learned....no one can see their reflection in running water, it's only in still water we can see. Lessons that spoke of slowing down....looking inward, for true happiness in life that lies deep in your own still water. That even the tiniest drop of water in this world is big enough to reflect the sunshine and the blue sky. That what I am inside may not be what I've allowed the world to force me to be. I think I'd like to travel back to this peaceful haven and find that woman in the puddle, the relaxed smiling face I gazed at ...and bring her home to stay.



No comments: