Tuesday, October 09, 2007

In search of joy.....


It takes only a moment of simple joy to remind you how lucky you are to be alive! A moment of simple joy found in savoring experiences and sharing them with others. A moment of simple joy found in recognizing your passions and loosing yourself in them. A moment of simple joy found in something as simple as a smile. A moment of simple joy found in everyday blessings that you may not have noticed. This weekend, surrounded by those I love, I found simple joy in an early morning drive in the mountains. Accompanied by the scent of wood smoke in the air, the sight of golden aspens shimmering in the October sun, the taste of fresh brewed breakfast blend Starbucks and warm pumpkin muffins, I found a simple moment that reminded me of just what it was I had forgotten in this crazy race I call life.....the fact that I am blessed....blessed with a life full of riches no amount of money can buy. Blessed with a man who shares my soul, a family that loves and supports me and a group of friends that lift me up when life lets me down, no matter how low I let myself fall. In the mountains, I found joy in the gold of a fall morning. Though I spent that Saturday morning with my camera in hand, no picture could capture what this moment of simple joy restored in my soul!

No comments: