Tuesday, February 19, 2008

At sunset.....







Peace.....

is seeing a sunset,

and knowing who to thank.

Peace is a long journey with many forks in the road... but what peace I found in the unexpected glow of a February sunset. A winter day no longer covered in white....cold winds blowing...filled with browns and grays and blacks. A winter day winding to a close with a homebound trip down a path that has become only too familiar from travel. A journey that so often becomes a mindless jumble of minutes filled with the replaying of good...and bad... from the hours that came before. A journey that frequently resembles a racetrack of Indy 500 proportions! But this day, at this moment...as I crested a hill close to home, I found myself bathed in a pink and gold glow from the setting sun. I glanced to my left......and found that I had stumbled upon a simple joy that could only be described as peace. A few short turns later, faithful camera in hand, I stood in the glow of that sunset and snapped away....determined to remember that what we stumble upon in life that brings us peace, should be incorporated in each day of our lives!



5 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

You should consider making a book from your blog. The pictures are wonderful and the wording exisite (probably misspelled) I can see myself pickin it up, looking at the pictures and readin the first paragraph and I would head so fast to the cashier to buy it that your head would spin. I am serious as a heart attack. All a publisher could say is No but what if they said Yes. Think about it. Peace

Susan and Chad said...

Great blog - didn't even know you were doing this! I agree - you need to sell this amazing stuff! You've got a gift!
Susan

Changes in the wind said...

Ditto from me:) Beautiful picture! I love the old (past) and morning sun (present).

PJ said...

How absolutely wonderful!! May we stumble upon that moment of peace.

Anonymous said...

Just found your site...I LOVE the pictures...I will be back!
Pam 'Oh Da Woods
http://dawoods12.blogspot.com