Thursday, April 03, 2008

Beauty...


Leo Buscaglia....
"To laugh is to risk appearing the fool. To weep is to risk being called sentimental. To place your dreams before the crowd is to risk being called naive. To love is to risk not being loved in return. To live is to risk dying. But the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. Only the person who risks is truly free."

Life is not always about being happy....one of the hard lessons that I seem to take a little longer than others to learn! But the art of living, I think, lies in the ability to find the beauty in the midst of sadness...to seek the simple joys found in the trail of a tear down a cheek....or the flash of white in a smile...or the comfort in the arms of a friend when you least expect it. An art that's found in choosing the snowy mountain road over the road well traveled.....and looking for the joy to be found in the scenery that unfolds before you. An art that means stepping up, speaking out, sharing the smile, letting the tears flow....sharing your dreams. No matter how steep the mountain road....or how hard the choice to speak up....the art of living...the beauty in life...is found in taking that risk!

1 comment:

Lady Di Tn said...

How beautiful. I still think you should take all the blogs and picture and get someone to publish them for a coffee table book. I would buy one in a heart beat. Your words would be a comfort an encouragement for all to have in their home. If it is okay I would love to print this one out and put it on my frig and send it to my sister. Just give me the okay. Peace