Monday, June 30, 2008

Spreading joy...

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile,
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Joy spreads.....and the daisies that grow in our yard are proof! These pure white flowers of innocence that started as two small plants from a friend have bloomed....and now threaten to take over our garden! But what greater joy than the sight of those soft white blooms waving in the warm winds of summer , golden eyes winking in the sunshine. The daisy...to some a weed.....for some an herb....and for the child that still lives in my soul, a flower for discerning true love...spreads joy to all that enter here. Who hasn't spent a warm summer evening, braiding a daisy crown and plucking white petals to the chant of ..."he loves me, he loves me not?". A joy that brings a smile to this work weary soul as they greet me each evening....and reminds me that life should be lived by moments just like these. A joy with lessons found deep in the blooms of these childhood friends....lessons that shout...walk barefoot in the summer a little longer!...don't be afraid to act silly! .....enjoy another scoop of ice cream!....lie on your back in the grass and make a wish on the first evening star! (even if you do need help to get back up)...and spend a little more time picking daisies! Like the daisies that grow across my own backyard, may I spend a little more time each day spreading joy!





3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great blog you have. I just love it....and will be back.

Nancy

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/

{B} said...

Thanks for visiting, Nancy....I love your pictures on your journal..was unable to leave a comment, but I'll be a frequent visitor! Thanks again...Billie

Lady Di Tn said...

Thanks for whisping me back to the childhood of wishing on a star, laying in the grass and plucking daisy petals. I am so glad you are back. Peace