Saturday, August 16, 2008

Butterfly moments...


Like the butterfly,
I have the strength and the hope to believe
In time I will emerge from my cocoon...
Transformed.
Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS
Summer evenings.....a simple joy now filled with butterfly moments. I was greeted this evening on my barefoot wandering with the sight of my first Monarch butterfly......wings spread wide, sunlight glowing through translucent wings like handcrafted stained glass......fluttering with grace from phlox to butterfly bush to ancient pine branches. Simple joy lies in these butterfly moments...in the sameness of them from year to year...in shades of orange and brown and black....moments that color the line between summer and fall, heralding the change of yet another season. Butterfly moments....a chance to become a child again....laughing as we race to catch the moment, whisper a wish in it's ear.... and send that wish to heaven on the wings of this magnificent creature. Simple joy in the beauty that comes to us when we wait patiently, hand outstretched.....and flies just beyond our grasp when chased. What lessons in life to be found in the butterfly moments of August.


2 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

I so look forward to your posts...always is a breath of fresh air:)

Lady Di Tn said...

I second what changes has stated. Your words always whispers fresh butterfly kisses. Peace