Thursday, November 06, 2008

Dressed for fall....



You can't hide your true colours as you approach the autumn of your life. ~ Author Unknown


In the autumn of life......my days are dressed in color...and stuffed with simple joy! I fill the days with pumpkin patch visits and leaf raking and gutter cleaning and pumpkin pie baking...and trying to capture the magic of this season in photographs! These are harvest days....sweet, sun kissed afternoons where the air smells like fresh baked bread and lessons in life can be found in the rhythm of the combines and tractors....picking what life has to offer from the soil...and letting the small stuff trickle back. These are my bright colored days and candle scented nights...whispering...slow down....slow down. In my fall days....I'm finding that my true colors glow...and my life is filled with sights and sounds and scents...and simple joy floating on the blazing maple leaves that swirl around me.

3 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

This is great. Come visit Kitty for some TN fall color. Peace

Changes in the wind said...

Great pictures!!

Chatty Crone said...

I like the idea of colors in the autumn of your life.