Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gratitude...


Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.
~Melody Beattie


Thank you....

For the chance to hear the sound of a timid redbird's song in the gray of a November morning.
For the chance to touch the future as I care for the present, surrounded by the past...and wrap it all up in a soft pink blanket!
For a hot plate of Thanksgiving french toast at the end of a 12 hour shift!
For the friend that shares my soul....and lets me warm my cold feet on his warm legs!
For crazy little boys and giggling little girls and the joy on their faces when they see us!
For rolled turkey roast at the hospital cafeteria and the chance to share it yet another year, with the best group of nurses I could ask for!
For high beam head lights on a dark night so I can spot the gang of deer before they spot me!
For candy cane Oreo's and a friendly little Sheltie to share them with!
For sons that make us proud...and daughters that make us laugh....and for a sweet little girl we can't wait to meet!
For fresh hot coffee...and a bit of cream to tame it down!
And for the opportunity to get up tomorrow and try it all again!

5 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

and for a friends blog that stirs my soul I will add to the list...I am grateful for your blog:)

Lady Di Tn said...

Changes said it best but I will go a step further. I would miss your wonderful photos and words of wisdom which lift us up on weary days. Ah those simple things in life are the BEST AND SO ARE YOU. Peace be with you and yours.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Another lovely photo and post. Thank you

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos on your site.

ShanaM said...

I love the cardinal photo !!