Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blue...


If you don't like something change it;
if you can't change it,
change the way you think about it.
Mary
Engelbreit


I can't change the blue days of January. But today, I changed the way I thought about them. And I found joy. Joy ....in the sight of white wisps of breath..curling like vintage lace in the frigid air. Joy.... floating down in flakes, soft and silent, lingering for a moment on a coat sleeve, then tumbling along on their journey. Joy... in the simmering pot of chili bubbling on the stove....and the sight of a bowl of grated cheese waiting to top it. High spirited joy... in watching the faces of ten little boys, playing their first real game of basketball....long limbs and too big shoes and grunts as they struggled to lift the ball to lofty heights, stopping for high fives and hugs after a successful effort. Joy... in the antics of a snow loving Sheltie as he ran and jumped and buried his nose in the snow. Joy... in the first sip of coffee, fresh brewed and softened with cream....and shared over a cinnamon bagel. And joy....yes joy, in the blue shades of evening that just last night I thought I didn't like....and tonight found to be a beautiful blessing. Attitude...is everything!

1 comment:

Lady Di Tn said...

Your words and photo always lighten my heart. Thanks and Peace