Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter dancing....


"everything has rhythm. everything dances.”
Maya Angelou

At the end of a blustery bone chilling day....somewhere between the moment the sun sets and the colors fade...joy peeked out...and danced in the naked branches of winter! I stood on the edge of evening , silence occasionally broken by the soft whirr of my camera or the lonely song of our resident blue jay as he settled in for the cold winter night. The rhythm of winter washed over me...leaving me longing for words to paint the picture that unfolded before me....the peace it brought as I stood there, surrounded by tiny crystal flakes that sparkled in the last rays of pink from the sun. This picture will always remind me of what I forget so often.....the beauty that lies in each season...the joy that is in each day for the taking...the peace to be found in the unexpected moments of beauty in life when we stop to enjoy them. (And that it's really cold here when the sun goes down!! )

3 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

What a beautiful picture....it doesn't look that cold but am sure it is.

Lady Di Tn said...

Good thoughts and nice photo. Thanks for sharing and giving us inspiration. Peace

Lady Di Tn said...

Me again,
I was tagged for a meme and you are one of my unsuspecting tagee so if you wish to play come over and read the rules. Peace