Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Solitude


I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself,
than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
Henry David Thoreau

In the silence of a winter day, there is joy to be found. It's been a lesson years in the making. In this glaring world, learning to stand alone in silence is a lesson in patience.....and peace. In a few stolen moments, wrapped in the memories of a hand-me down coat, with the wind playing in my hair...I find joy in the music of solitude. I find inspiration in the colors of winter...the grays and whites and coppers and silvers. As I stand in the crisp evening air, I take the time to celebrate my mistakes and remember that I am enough. I spend time with my past...my present...and my future. I have come to treasure these silent "me" moments....moments that bathe me in joy and send me shivering..but smiling..back to the business of life.

3 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Gorgeous picture.....wonderful quote and (I am enough)....inspiration to last a life time. Thank you for such a stirring post.

Lady Di Tn said...

THIS IS GREAT!!!!!! PEACE

L. said...

How beautiful...I love your blog...it inspires me.

Thank you.
xoxo
Grammie