Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bloom.....

We must bloom where we are planted.
Today, you get another chance to get it as right as you can make it.
 What more could you desire?
Sarah Ban Breathnach


Though we often travel long distances....we return  home to find what it is we need.  After a too long journey....I've found what it is I need.  I need joy blooming in astonishing colors, outside my backdoor.  I need a good cup of coffee in the morning as I listen to the songbirds singing...and a camera in my hand as I wander through the days.   I need a hot shower to wake me up...and a bubble bath to wind me down.  I need much less Facebook...and many more real books.  I need the laughter of grandkids to feed my soul....and the silence of a spring night to bring it peace.  I need another chance to get this right...change my path...tell my story....find the simple joys that make my days worth remembering.  Mostly....I need a new knee....and I'm getting that in two short weeks!  That should give me another chance at getting it right....or at least some time off work to recover, and fill the pages of this blog with photos!  Happy Spring....it's blooming in technicolor in my own backyard!

2 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

Beautiful photo and accompanied by a good post. I hope your knee surgery goes as well as my 91 yr old MIL hip replacement surgery. Take care and be vigilant in doing the rehab. Peace

Anonymous said...

It's when the simple things, the little things are taken away that I start to crumble. And I always think that's weird of me! How nice to have your affirmation that those really are the BIG things.