Saturday, January 13, 2007

Waiting

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
Anne Bradstreet
One of my favorite quotes, speaks of taking the good with the bad I'd guess. Today you'll find me waiting for the next wave of winter weather sweeping across the Midwest, and enjoying some of my favorite January joys.....loosing myself in a great book, helping a 6 year old build a pinewood drerby masterpiece, taking a long afternoon nap, enjoying a slice of fresh hot bread with apple butter and a hot cup of coffee with cream, and humming along with James Taylor as I fight the endless battle with dust in this old country home. So, though this day held it's fair share of adversity, I know that only by walking through the pain will I find the prosperity ahead! The moral? Somedays, you have to search a little harder to find what makes you smile.

No comments: