Monday, October 01, 2007

Going Pink For October


In a world where very little makes sense, doing something to honor someone who made so much sense in my life seems like the least that I can do. In the month of October, I'm "going pink". Pink...to honor a woman who taught me just what courage, honor, faith and perseverance is. Pink....in memory of a friend who knew just what being a friend was all about. Pink...to remind me , even on one of my darkest days, just how lucky I am and how much I have to be grateful for. Pink...to show the world that Tracy lives on, in our hearts and our lives...and our wardrobes! Today, I"ll put on a funky pair of flip flops and search for the dragonfly that lives in my garden of pink, and I"ll remember a friend who fought...and lost....her battle with breast cancer. Today, I'll wear pink and remember the lessons I learned from her....that life is short and time is a precious commodity not to be wasted....that family and friends will help you soar above the heartache in this world, if you let them. Thank you, Tracy, for the simple joy you brought to my life......for teaching me what matters most.

No comments: