Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pictures, poems and words....


A picture is poem without words. --Confucius

Life brings simple joy to us every day.....often in ways that leave mere words inadequate. I have been blessed with a good friend who took the time to teach me how to capture life's poetry with pictures. He taught me to take pictures that searched for the stories in aging, the colors in sadness, the sounds in a sunrise, the smells of happiness, the tastes of each season, the strength in a family, the satisfaction in composition. He taught me to look into my heart when the words won't come, and find the song in my camera....to take pictures that capture the simple joy life hands....and make it a memory. Though the cost in time and patience was great, the gift he gave is priceless. May I continue to do it justice!

1 comment:

Changes in the wind said...

This conjures purity and hope for me...
The best thing about a picture being a poem without words? It is different for each one. Keep up the wonderful work.