Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The simple things in life...




It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.

Laura Ingalls Wilder




It is in the simple things in life we find joy. Life's simple things we often forget. Give me health...a heart full of love.... a story to tell...an eye for the beauty in the world....a good book to read..a camera to capture memories ...a fire to warm my toes on a cold winter day...and a friend to come home to...and all is well in my life! I find myself blessed with these simple things this December....simple things that I take for granted. Treasured ornaments, carefully unpacked and hung on trees.. a wooden Santa that stands guard at my front door, wreath on arm, just as he stood guard at my Mother's door so many years ago....simple things that piece together and blanket my life like a comforting patchwork quilt. May your life be filled with the simple things that bring joy to you!

No comments: