Thursday, July 24, 2008

bloomin.....




"I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming...suddenly you find--at the age of 50,say--that a whole new life has opened before you...." Agatha Christie
In life...and flowers...the second bloom is often the sweetest! Work weary and barefoot, accompanied by a stubborn little Sheltie and a swarm of hungry mosquitoes...I followed the sounds of bickering robins and lonesome turtle doves into the garden.....for a much needed reminder of the simple joys life has to offer. I have a talent for selecting green house plants in full bloom....only to find myself soon watering a pot full of not so healthy looking green leaves with no more blooms to come. Much to my delight...today, I was rewarded with the sweetest second bloom! A bloom so worthy of a quick trip back for the camera.....a bloom just heavy with lessons for life! A bloom to remind me that it's ok to bloom late...and bloom differently! A gentle reminder that beauty does not lie in the clothes I wear...the way I comb my hair...the figure I carry, but is seen in my eyes, reflected in my soul, laughs in my heart......and grows with age. A soft peach flower, dancing lightly in the evening breeze...a simple joy that whispers softly ...life remains so very full of possibility when we never stop blooming where we're planted!

1 comment:

Lady Di Tn said...

You say it better than any one else. The rose is beautiful, too. Peace