Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wasting time...

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
John Lennon (or so some say)

Today was a beautiful day.  A teaser of a day in mid February.  A day filled with blue skies and crazy robins and fat squirrels and shy cardinals and winter berries.   A day just made for a camera and a little brown dog and a walk around the yard.  A day made for wasting time.  Winding my way through a lazy afternoon,  cleaning old leaves away from tiny purple crocus and digging my fingers into rich black earth.  A gift of a day made for a second pot of coffee and a juicy sweet orange and a nap.  Tomorrow, when the winds of winter race across our yard and up the arms of my coat, I"ll smile...and remember the joy I found in wasting this day away

2 comments:

ShanaM said...

Beautiful

Lady Di Tn said...

When Puppy changed me to google chrome, I lost your URL but with Changes in the winds help, here I am back to reading and enjoying you and your world. I read several of your post because today I need some good vibes. Thank you for sharing and yes even those swings were smiling in the snow. Peace